“The Wolverine” by Eddie Cummings
- From the seated position go shin to shin with your opponent. Your opponent must be in the standing position.
- Shoot the SAME side leg through the inside of your opponent’s stance at the same time shooting your other leg to the outside side of the opponent’s leading leg.
- If your opponent attempts to retreat, invert to prevent escape. This action will secure your leg configuration and restrict your opponent’s captured let from moving.
- Hand controls are to the back of the opponent’s ankle or knee. Utilize same side hand as to the leg you are controlling.
- The objective is to control one leg in a saddle setup and then control the other leg with grips.
- When executed correctly, you will end up in the saddle/honey spot position once your opponent is grounded on the mat.
- Use the butterfly hook to create the elevator move lifting the opponent to his/her feet.
- Siccor opponent’s leg to create the formation of the saddle position.
- Use your ankle/knee grip control to extend the captured leg from the opponent. Here Eddie Cummings uses the opposite had to create this grip control
- Frame and push opponent away to off balance and stretch captured leg towards you. This action will cause your opponent to lose balance and fall.
- Always attempt to hold and control both legs once the position is established.